Shawn Nevins at Poetry in Motion Films has recently released another “small film about big ideas” – this time a beautiful documentary about women and awakening.
Filmed in 2010 and 2011, Meetings With Remarkable Women explores women’s spirituality and the divine feminine through the spiritual paths of five women from varied backgrounds:
- Linda — an Australian spiritual teacher whose discipline of meditation led to a profound spiritual realization.
- Anima — whose childhood in India steeped her in spiritual traditions, but it took a journey to America before she realized her true desire was to find enlightenment.
- Jem — who lived the roles of wife, mother, engineer, musician, and writer before discovering Reiki and A Course in Miracles; paths that eventually led her to a spiritual awakening.
- Heather — from Christian to Atheist, Buddhist to free-form seeker of self knowledge wrestling with meditation, self-inquiry, and prayer.
- Deborah — who, after the tragic loss of her husband, launched a years-long spiritual path through ancient Buddhist texts and the practice of Yoga that culminated in the discovery of a deep and lasting inner peace.Yoga, Buddhism, meditation; enlightenment, awakening, realization, inner peace; Christianity, Atheism; Reiki, A Course in Miracles; Australia, India, America; loss and revelation: it’s all here as each woman tells a compelling story of struggle and discovery that is worthy of viewing time and again.~
Call it spiritual cinema, spiritual documentary, or spiritual film, we’re engaged in examining the perennial questions: where did I come from? what has meaning? why am I here? where am I going? what is this place?
Through small films about big ideas, Poetry in Motion Films hopes to expand your possibilities for a life well-lived.
© Copyright Poetry in Motion Films 2012